Friday, June 27, 2008

God sons tokyo drift


Whoa. I got a little bit of a nice reaction with this one. I threw it together mad quick ( like 2 weeks on and off )
I was supposed to do "I am" ( i had the acapellas for that album ready and everything ) but i found these vocals and fate did the rest.
The original was mainly somber so i decided to give mine a hard feel.
Like for "get down" the harshness of the lyrics were overtaken by the jazzyness of the beat. So i went for some straight razorblade cold bone hard shit. I mean come on, he was talking bout being a kid and almost shooting someone, watching a friends murder trial go to hell in a basket and was almost murdered himself in the tracks storylines so what i gave the track was TENSION.
Each song on the album required a different feel but i think i did my thing on "zone out" ( whut up bgeezie thanks for the love u gave this track ). I liked how quirky the original was but i went for that straight QB hard hip hop sound with my remix. ( with some xtra sprinkles on top ).
Remixing shit has been pretty fun. I started doing it febuary this year and it has helped me get my name out a little. Plus i got MAD BEATS so it helps me put them out rather than let em sit till i sell em.
Peace

No comments:

Search This Blog