Sunday, June 14, 2009

Batman/Grendel

Hitting up the Library for graphic novels is my new thing. I recently got back into comics and i found out there's a lot i gotta catch up on. I wanted to share my thoughts about his joint with yall. It's a very well written crossover by Matt Wagner. He created the villian Grendel and then took a stab at mixng the character into Batmans world. I got the TPB and found out it was actually 2 stories.

The first features Grendel pulling off a hiest in a museum. It revolves around two chicks and their relationships with Batman and Gredel in the story. The story itself is well written. ( it took me a little while to figure out who's perspective i was reading at first ) I like how he interlocked all the characters thoughts and moved the story along. The artwork was crazy as hell too. It paid a lot of homage to THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS in terms of style ( especially the little TV panels ) but added new ideas into the pot.

The second has a lot more action. It features a cyborg version of Grendel fighthing Batman. While the first focussed more on the thoughts of the characters, this one features more straight up fights. Batman actually gets his ass beat a lot in this joint. Robin also make a cameo ( whut up tim ) I prefer the first story but this was not bad. It even updates the characters from the first story. ( it takes place a few years in the future of Batmans last encounter with Grendel )

This joint was fly as hell. Well worth reading.

By the way BRUCE WAYNE IS BATMAN ( sorry Nightwing )

No comments:

Search This Blog